This league has officially ended. We look forward to our 2nd Annual Carolina Break League next spring in June of 2022.
Spring Carolina Fast Break League
A Progressive Transition Fast Break that is played as a competitive game.
How it works.
Carolina Break progression: 1 on 2 free throw, 2 on 1, 3 on 2, 4 on 3, 5 on 4 into 5 on 5 live game.
- Available to travel teams in current 3rd – 8th grade.
- Each game starts with 1 offensive player shooting a free throw and 2 defensive players in rebounding position.
- Each team has two even lines – one in each corner of the baseline.
- After the 1 on 2 (make or miss), the 2 rebounders go on offense to create a 2 on 1 fast break.
- After the 2 on 1, 2 new players from the defensive team step onto the court which becomes 3 on 2. The same process continues until 5 on 4
- After 5 on 4, one player from the defensive team joins (right corner) to create a live 5 on 5 game. Regular game rules apply.
- Each game is four – 6 minute quarters stopped time. 24 total game minutes.
- 10 seconds to take a shot once a team crosses half court. 1 offensive rebound allowed per fast break possession (additional 10 seconds).
After 5 on 4, the Carolina Break becomes a 5 on 5 game.
- Whatever time is left on the 6 minute clock after the fast break, the remaining time is played as a 5 on 5 game.
- After the 6 minutes ends, the opposite team starts with the free throw 1 on 2 and the same progessive transition occurs.
- Playing time should be relatively equal.
Why Carolina Break is different than just playing a game?
- Play in competitive games while learning an effective fast break.
- Learn new fast break strategies on offense & defense.
- Opportunity to play as a team & work together.
- Everyone gets to play similar minutes.
- Attend an open practice 30 minute slot (date TBA) to walk through the progressions.
- Allow our experienced coaching staff to explain the details for each Carolina Fast Break game.
- Understand the offensive and defensive concepts and rules for this program.
Where & When:
Friday Night Lights: June 4, 11, 18, 25
- Individual registration is required but teams are formed by the travel head coach. Rosters (minimum of 7 players) must be submitted to the Director before the players register.
- Free agents can register to join a team if there is an opening available.
- 2 games per night. 6 regular season games plus a round robin playoff format on June 25, 2021.
- All games are played on outdoor courts. Rain date is Sunday night of the same week.
- Game schedules will be released in early June.
- The champions of each grade level will be awarded dri-fit Carolina Break shirts.
- There will be a Zoom meeting for all Head coaches (date TBA). During the meeting we will explain how the Carolina Break works and answer any questions.
Court locations include:
Kent County YMCA, 900 Centerville Rd, Warwick, RI 02886
Quidnessett Baptist Church, 6356 Post Road, North Kingstown, RI 02852
Wilson Park, Roosevelt Ave, North Kingstown, RI 02852
$80 per player.
*This program is non-refundable