3rd Annual 3 on 2 Fall Fast Break League
- The 3 on 2 Fall Fast Break League is a continuous game for experienced players (typically travel level).
- Each player must register individually and will be placed on their Town/City Travel Team (choose your grade and city/town on drop down of registration).
- If your Travel Team isn’t participating individual players can still register and will be placed on a team (similar to flag football). If your town is listed in the drop-down, please select it. If not, choose “free agent.” Teams must have a minimum of 8 and maximum of 10 total players, unless approved by the Director.
- Each game has a 5 minute warm up followed by four 8 minute quarters with a certified board official.
WHERE & WHEN:
- The regular season will kick off with a 2-3 game Jamboree on Labor Day, Monday September 5th (in the NK, South County and Warwick area)
- All other regular season games on the following Sunday evenings at the closest court to your location: September 11, 18, 25 and October 2, 2022
- Playoffs are the week of Sunday October 9th or October 10th
- Each team will play 1 regular season game per week on Sunday nights.
- The rain date is on Thursday at the same court and time.
- The regular season schedule will be released late August/ early September.
Quidnesset Baptist Church: 6356 Post Rd, North Kingstown, RI.
Wilson Park: Roosevelt Ave, North Kingstown, RI 02852
Stonington High School: 176 S Broad St. Pawcatuck, CT 06379
*Teams will be placed by coach’s choice.Individuals will be placed at the closest location to them.
** Other locations may be added and will be updated on the site.
How to play a continuous 3 on 2 fast break?
On offense, teams will learn how to find an outlet pass, running lanes, court spacing, passing angles, how to make perimeter shots & finish around the hoop under pressure. On defense, teams will focus on stopping the ball, rotating, creating deflections, grabbing loose balls & boxing out.
Each session/game is fast paced & focuses on conditioning as games are continuous 3 on 2 full court.
$80 per player.
Eric Simonelli: Co-Chair of Warwick Warriors Travel Basketball. Former Varsity Head Coach at La Salle Academy & The Prout School.
Eric is committed to develop the youth basketball program in Warwick, Rhode Island as a dedicated resident, father of school age children & seasoned coach. Eric is the Co-Chair for Warwick Youth Basketball & the Director of College Counseling at La Salle Academy. He is a former State Championship Head Varsity Basketball Coach at La Salle Academy & The Prout School with 20 years of coaching experience.
Each player received equal playing time, which gave the kids that don't get a ton of basketball practice the opportunity to be directly involved in a fast-paced games. the league also gives kids the chance to intermingle and see children from other towns.
Great job to Sean and Eric and we will see you next year.