The Elite Summer Basketball Camps at LONGPLEX are for experienced (typically travel level) players looking to improve their skills in a structured, fast paced environment. Beyond the fundamental skills of ball handling, passing and shooting, players will have competitive games of 1 on 1, 3 on 3 and 5 on 5. During these games they will take concepts used in drill stations and apply them to game situations. Players will be taught how to set and use screens, and ultimately learn how to play in a motion offense. All coaches will be experienced adults.
WHERE & WHEN:
LONGPLEX Family & Sports Center
300 Industrial Way, Tiverton, RI 02878
$200 prior to May 1st
$225 after May 1st
Elite Week I: July 12th-16th 9am-12:30pmGirls entering 4th-9th grade & Boys entering 4th-5th. Boys and girls will be in separate groups. Girls will be separated by age and ability.
Elite Week II: July 19th-23rd 9am-12:30pmBoys entering 6th-9th grade. Players will be separated by age and ability.
Daily Schedule (for both):
|10:10||Shooting Techniques/Reps(all players take 100 shots per day)|
|10:30||1 on 1 concepts and play|
|10:50||Fast Break Drill|
|11:40||3 on 3 concepts and play|
|12:00||5 on 5|
- Will follow all COVID details at the time of camps
- Air-conditioned facility
- T-shirt included
Please email Sean Casey
Sean Casey: Owner & of Director of Higher Learning Basketball of S & A College Counseling.
Former Division III Collegiate Men’s Basketball Coach at Tufts University & Curry College.
Staff (Week I):
- Played on Boston University Women’s Basketball Team1995-1999 (Team Captain- ’98-‘99)
- University of Southern Maine Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach 2000-2002
- Currently PYB Board Member at 5th Grade Girls’ Travel Team Coach
- Physical Education teacher – Girls’ soccer and basketball coach at the Pennfield School
- Played on Salve Regina University Women’s Basketball Team 2005-2009
- Member of the Salve Regina Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director, Boys’ Basketball & Soccer Coach at the Pennfield School
- PYB Board Member
- Played on Tufts University Men’s Basketball Team 1998-2002 (Team Captain ’98-’99)
- Former Head Boys Basketball Coach St. George’s School